• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook

The My Weigh 7001 came in yesterday and I'm already happy with it. Especially the included ac adaptor and ability to kill auto-shutoff. The baker's percentages function for the KD8000 sounds interesting but I don't see it as something I'd use very often, if ever, so I'm fine with the one I ordered. My high precision scale does .001 grams up to 50 grams. It has a fast reaction and stabilization time and I've yet to need .001 gram accuracy for anything in quantities greater than 50 grams. I paid ~$50 for it at least 8 or 9 years ago and it's still going strong. I think the brand is Escali or something like that.

Edit: I don't think I intentionally lied, so it must have been bad typing. My little scale does not do .001 grams precision, it does .01 grams.

Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook

The My Weigh 7001 came in yesterday and I'm already happy with it. Especially the included ac adaptor and ability to kill auto-shutoff. The baker's percentages function for the KD8000 sounds interesting but I don't see it as something I'd use very often, if ever, so I'm fine with the one I ordered. My high precision scale does .001 grams up to 50 grams. It has a fast reaction and stabilization time and I've yet to need .001 gram accuracy for anything in quantities greater than 50 grams. I paid ~$50 for it at least 8 or 9 years ago and it's still going strong. I think the brand is Escali or something like that.