• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Atlantis Resort, Bahamas

My family (me, husband, and 8-year-old) is going to the Atlantis resort next week. I'm trying to decide where if anywhere to make dining reservations. Most of the reviews I've seen by googling around are focused on how expensive everything is. As luck would have it, someone else is paying, so money isn't quite no object (it would be unseemly to order bottles of Dom Perignon every night) but isn't our primary concern. I have eaten some truly terrible food in Caribbean resorts, even at places that were said to be good. Is anything at this resort actually good (especially the "fine dining" places) or are we better off sticking to the buffets and eating whatever is most difficult to screw up?

"There is nothing like a good tomato sandwich now and then."

-Harriet M. Welsch

I walked through it once and I'm pretty sure I saw a Nobu. It's not the height of originality, but I think you could do far worse.

True rye and true bourbon wake delight like any great wine...dignify man as possessing a palate that responds to them and ennoble his soul as shimmering with the response.

DeVoto, The Hour