• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wedding Rehearsal Dinner in April

Shmily

My son is getting married at Highlawn Pavillion in April on a Sunday. They are looking for suggestions for a dinner on Saturday evening in a private room for 21 people with good food (liquor included if possible) close to West Orange since that is where out of town guests will be staying. They are on a budget. All suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Due Amici in West Orange is a BYOB Italian that serves very good food. They have a large 2nd room, but I doubt they would make it private on a Saturday night.

Avenue Bistro in Verona, has a bar and good food. They also have a 2nd room. Not sure if it is small enough to dedicate to one group on a Saturday evening.

Primavera Restaurant in West Orange also has a liquor license. Not sure if it has a private room but I would think it does since it's connected to a Wilshire Grand Hotel (maybe some of your guests are staying there). They may not fall into your price range. If I think of anything else in the area, I will let you know.

Susan

Hi..I had heard that Primavera has bought back their original location on Pleasant Valley Way. I am not certain. I think we may go talk to them next week. Thank you for the suggestions. I know someone who had their rehearsal dinner there also. Thank for taking the time to write...

I have not been to Cafe Arugula in years. When I went, it was a BYOB (maybe it still is) and not sure if it had a private room. I recently went to "Above" which is located upstairs from the Eden Supermarket in South Orange right near Cafe Arugula. They have a nice bar and a private room on the 3rd floor. The food and service were actually very good. Again, not sure if they are in your price range but you may want to check them out. http://www.aboverestaurantbar.com/

Susan

You might have already looked at the Manor, though just in case -- they due a wonderful job in their private rooms.

"When women are depressed, they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It's a whole different way of thinking."

- Elaine Boosler