• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Single dining in Vegas

• 1 month later...

Atelier de Joel Robuchon in the MGM grand has a bar-type setup. The food is amazing and the service is great. I'd highly recommend it.

If you ate pasta and antipasto, would you still be hungry? ~Author Unknown

I imagine most of the better restaurants know how to expertly host guests dining alone. Further, I would guess that is would not be the venue that would make a person dining alone uncomfortable, but rather the behavior of the other guests sitting on either side of the solo diner.

My own favorites include Delmonico's and B&B in the Venetian, certainly Bouchon in one of the towers of the Venetian, Rao's at Caesar's, eating 'outside' at the Palm in the Forum Shops, the Bellagio has a whole handful of wonderful choices and CraftSteak at MGM. There are so many name places to consider.

Edited by JBailey (log)

"A cloud o' dust! Could be most anything. Even a whirling dervish.

That, gentlemen, is the whirlingest dervish of them all." - The Professionals by Richard Brooks

Atelier de Joel Robuchon in the MGM grand has a bar-type setup. The food is amazing and the service is great. I'd highly recommend it.

L'Atelier is a great recommendation. You have the opportunity to taste the food of Joel Robuchon but in a casual setting. You sit at a bar that rims the tiny kitchen giving you a view of Michelin-Star level Chefs at work.

If you like steak, Craftsteak at the MGM is also a good choice. They serve the full menu at the bar and the bartenders are very accomodating. You'll get the full treatment at the bar-placemat, place setting and the full menu.

For Italian, I like the Cafe at Valentino in the Venetian. The food is just as wonderful as the menu in the formal dining room in the back, yet the setting more casual.

I've always found the restaurants in Las Vegas accomodating to single diners whether you want to dine at the bar and be more unnoticed or if you want the full experience in the dining room.