• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Help me to identify this!

thonarkan

It's an Art Deco design that is pictured in at least two books on Art Deco design in the flatware, hollowware sections.  Considered a "classic."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

On 2/3/2023 at 3:30 PM, blue_dolphin said:

Nice looking partial set of Lady Frances silverplate  listed on eBay   

It is a very pretty pattern. 

On 2/3/2023 at 9:23 PM, DesertTinker said:

And in the original silver chest, with the original brochure!💕

If anyone's in the market for this lovely set, I recommend you click on the link and put it on your watchlist! I did yesterday, and after a few hours I got a 20% discount offer from the seller. In other words, the seller is motivated.

(And yes, I want that set and no, I have no room or use for it. I already have lovely silverware. Two sets. My family would not thank me for acquiring a third!)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

On 2/2/2023 at 8:50 AM, palo said:

I'd say you nailed it!

p

Ok so after clicking through 26 pages of Oneida flatware on the Replacements LTD site (I hazarded a guess that it was Oneida - it was not), I tried their ‘Search With Photo’ tool, the camera icon beside the search bar on replacements.com and that’s how I came up with my result. Pretty nifty, hope this helps others.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, blue_dolphin said:

What size are you looking for?  Is the dark exterior important for your needs?  Is that a non-stick interior surface?

Sorry about the quality of the pic but I just took a screenshot. I want one that has dark exterior and silver interior.  Size is not important but I imagine they must come in different variations. Just couldn't find similar online. 

8 minutes ago, Kim said:

Sorry about the quality of the pic but I just took a screenshot. I want one that has dark exterior and silver interior.  Size is not important but I imagine they must come in different variations. Just couldn't find similar online. 

This Cuisinart 17-inch baking sheet (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) has a dark exterior and non-stick silver interior.

• Like 1

I found this unmarked skillet in my grandmother's kitchen. I've spent hours on line and thought maybe BSR, but the lack of heat ring or visible gate mark has me stumped. The handle is very distinctive in that it is concave and lower than others. I'm attaching photos (I hope, not terribly tech savvy). My grandparents were 3rd generation PA Dutch / Reading, PA residents if that helps. Thank you for any guidance.  Lisa C

U8QGQRV3mcLtwP13vYfe0Q5gs6Mx8hMrqrmXrd8Jb15VEOAhTN6v799vrsGmlSufs6f6lJva50eOv0blOG48Rx49CEFINAUZV26cXZI0Rj-J09QtGLP1VMZy0FAQ9CVGWmY0NQ9Zyu8LmJcynNs5CbE ayXswARzigN-MEtu2fUSaSRVqV_eRliy4P9bt46ZbW9QsbpQ23HJ1fS8dSetmx7eLTR5fFw_Y5rlAyuWBWm-_U7iqzvKMiML_-xEnYry7zjyFT05_ZvPB-bJ0uAHiYru0zk8sE2ayGos-bFPf76lnAA ClzxpXs9paidOvXz4EFvVAy7ZC7OSrvzrAYlXs_yZ2b5cTm6dqlO5WLHGQ2fsRURIIKHP1rvRHM-6KueOYBxZ0NlfJlxv57GVj6AOuuM3H9ya60b-3mjRXnAaQvubNX3UkIZbCZDZMyVlCcwUHwh0MA

LNIAQtMtngXnnjZQTpiq6d25QSzn-1lILR8Bbt8QeB714P-_eO0FzQ7WSKClYGukDKZT6rU_AYlt06N3fJiVqClIoBn7cEB8AinxOh4tN0VW4Q5Ho9NNrGTJidv4NIieMTkUevnv5umW77Qj4Ynf1rs BCZmCE_QmoDrPCXEvJ221wVXY3yoQGubZt_8uju2DUYehpn2AszgOKtj3Ny1mnoIg7hwxymsGFEBssaYcfjNcrleAVQ17YM0nkf-t6z6GrE8AYdgPR64BnwmxFRWF9TlR2guma03k4Fmnz5o6o8YfIo iDSRAZuzt3pwLuTHYRocLla1DJ4XGgizwVPuW41_YEjq-FEn0iVF8YWZ_GMNjpqotPXnljlb351ep2fbQUWeMPWm-ExbVYqxg8bvF3BWHbFCK2Z76BC4GfPl1F_1MeZ1JkK622vGQ1wY9UsJDU6c4pY

• Thanks 1