• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What Are the Special Treats in Your Office?

People are often traveling to Poland in our office, and one of the better things they might bring back are the prune confections from Krakowski Kredens. The best are a thick layer of dried prunes compressed between thin wafers and dipped in chocolate.

I worked for a London company that ordered Blackpool Rock with the company name in it. Despite the truly dreadful 1996 website, it's easy enough to do online. Clients liked them, there was always a huge bowl of them in reception and it was easy to hand out a few sweets to everyone at meetings, presentations, etc etc which was always a talking point. Really a very simple, effective - and relatively cheap - marketing ploy. I didn't like the stuff - I'd much rather chocolate than a boiled lolly - but they went through loads of them and I was always impressed at how popular they were with clients. I haven't worked there for over 2 years but I still find the odd sweet in drawers, or files, or in archive boxes...

I work in a doctor's office, so the drug reps occasionally bring goodies - KK donuts, crates of clementines, McD's yogurt parfaits, sacks of Chick Fil A chicken sandwiches (very popular). I bring in cakes for everyone's birthday and make them for Mr. Kim's staff, too. I also bring leftovers from holidays and dinner parties - usually sweets. Last week's leftover strawberry cheesecake went over very well. Tomorrow each office is getting a gallon bag of Jaymes' caramel corn. I've been craving it and made a batch today. If it stays here, I will eat it all myself. The last time I brought it, the bag was empty before lunch! Amazing stuff.