• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Vegetarian fine dining in Paris

Andrew

In Paris there is fine dining, there is vegetarian dining. Sorriest I have nevere seen the 3 words together.

There are two quite good vegetarian restos, neither of which serves French food or could be described as fine dining: Krishna Bhravan and Tiein Hiang.

Nearly all of the carnivorous restaurants serve tasty vegetables, which may or may not involve a meat broth in the preparation.

I'd be fairly sure L'Arpege could accomodate you, even unannounced as a veggie. But better still to check when you (try and) book. It's a bit above a single star though.

"Loving Annie" who posts on here is who to ask for recommendations, although I don't seem to be able to get onto her blog at present without signing into something I don't have a userid for.

http://truetraveltreasures.blogspot.com/

Thanks. There will be four of us and only one is a veggie so it doesnt need to be a veggie restaurant just somehwere with a couple of choices for each course. L'Arpege would be ideal but I fear that the prices are more three star than one!

"There will be four of us and only one is a veggie so it doesnt need to be a veggie restaurant just somehwere with a couple of choices for each course."

Why didn't you say so? :shock:

In that case all the good restos can accommodate the vegetarian. However as I mentioned above, can't guarantee that the veg is not cooked in a meat-based broth, which you probably know is a very French way of cooking.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd be interested to recieve any recommendations for good (1 Star level) restaurants in central Paris with a good selection for vegetarians.

Its a jolly good bistro - one star standard... maybe.

Certainly its food is well spoken of here and elsewhere.

Its not spacious, but its atmospheric ... and great value,

And remarkably for Paris, it used to have a specific Veggie menu.

ADDED - while it isn't really central, it is right close to a Metro station ...

Does anyone know if L'Os a Moelle (despite the name) still positively welcomes Veggies?

Their 'Cave' across the road might not be the place for a Veggie, but how about the Restaurant?

http://www.whitings-writings.com/bistro_reviews/moelle.htm (scroll, or read, down the page for the Restaurant)

Edited by dougal (log)

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch ... you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan