• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bowl of something spicy?

Tim Dolan

Ok, I'm in need of a nice, hot bowl of something seriously spicy. It could be any number of things as long as it's spicy and delicious. I read through the Cafe Diem thread, but I don't think I'll be able to get there before 6pm. I've been to Han Dynasty too often recently and my gf isn't a fan of Szechuan Tasty House. Are there any new front runners for a bowl of fiery awesomeness?

I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer...

Homer Simpson

Rolled the dice and went with Pho Hoa on 11th and Washington. It was good but didn't quite hit the spot. Cafe Diem is out unfortunately since I can't get down there before 6. Maybe I'll try that gumbo next week...

I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer...

Homer Simpson

• 2 weeks later...

The Yukejang (sp) spicy korean soup at August Moon in Norristown is a tasy warm bowl of goodness.

Ah, it's been way too long since I did a butt. - Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

--------------------

One summers evening drunk to hell, I sat there nearly lifeless…Warren