• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Doylestown dining?

Sartain

I'm going to be in Doylestown for 2 weeks. Any recommendations? I'll gratefully take all recommendations but one or two places suitable for client entertaining would be great.

Thanks.

Cognito ergo consume - Satchel Pooch, Get Fuzzy

Bobby Simone's took over Roosevelt Blue 52.

Honey is THE place to go. Excellent small plate and interesting menu.

The other great place is Slate Bleu in the Agriculture Center. French Bistor food. Excellent.

I would avoid: Paganinis, Knight House. Domani Star is a BYO italian place that is ok.

There is a small Thai Restaurant called Spice Thai next to the move theatre that is good and cheap.

There is a decent BBQ place called Smokin Lil's. Next door to it is a nice lunch sandwich shop called Lilly's Gourmet that is quite good.

For beer either Stefanies or the Mesquite Grill have a nice selection and the Mesquite Grill makes some nice wings.

The Vine and Fig Bistro is a nice place for breakfast or lunch. A bit out of downtown doylestown is Cross Keys Diner. Home style cooking. Down that way you have a nice bakery Crosskeys Bakeshop, and Altamantes, an italian deli with nice take out sandwiches.

For coffee you have three choices; starbucks, saxby and coffe and cream.