• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Whither "Perfect"?

Chris Amirault

With Blanc, it'd be closer to a bourbon Hoots Mon if anything.

DrunkLab.tumblr.com

”In Demerara some of the rum producers have a unique custom of placing chunks of raw meat in the casks to assist in aging, to absorb certain impurities, and to add a certain distinctive character.” -Peter Valaer, "Foreign and Domestic Rum," 1937

• 1 month later...

I've never been a huge Perfect Manhattan fan, but I'm really enjoying the bottle of High West OMG silver rye and thought a lighter variant might be nice.

2 oz High West OMG silver rye

.5 oz Cocchi Americano

.5 oz Dolin dry

dash of Ang orange

Stir, strain, lemon twist.

This was good. The silver rye has a lot of dry fruity notes, played well with the floral notes of the Dolin.

Perfect Redhook > Redhook

What the world needs is Punt e Mes Dry.

So what did you use in your Perfect Redhook?

2 oz rye

1/2 oz Punt e Mes

1/2 oz Maraschino

1/2 oz Dolin Dry

1 homemade cherry, vastly inferior to Luxardo.

I've also used 1/4 oz each of the vermouths. That works too. I bet you could do 1/3 oz of all three too. It seems to be an indestructible recipe, like the Negroni or the Manhattan.

• Like 1

Kindred Cocktails | Craft + Collect + Concoct + Categorize + Community