• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hertfordshire area

Thanks gents , Im spending the day at Novellis cookery place at Tea green doing photos n that so need somewhere nice to eat and stay over the night before.Cheers.

Remember me to Jean Christophe, he spent some time with us and invited me up to cook with him at the Stoke Audi event.

He,s a thoroughly nice bloke, and a bloody good chef.

"So many places, so little time"

http://londoncalling...blogspot.co.uk/

@d_goodfellow1

mmmm i had a great meal at auberge du lac a few years back but the same friends i went with, went again recently and said it had really gone down hill and they were very disappointed indeed. I also like darcys in st albans - not on the same page as auberge du lac ( as i remember it) but still very good. The brocket arms is another option - the restaurant there is very nice indeed and has some serious restaurant quality food on offer but again not a "name" like auberge.

"Experience is something you gain just after you needed it" ....A Wise man