• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bradley Ogden

I am planning my first trip to Vegas in six long years. Does Bradley Ogden or his son have any real association with the Caesars Palace restaurant these days? Is it worth going to?

Also, I'd like recommendations for Italian on the Strip.

Edited by Elrushbo (log)

I am planning my first trip to Vegas in six long years. Does Bradley Ogden or his son have any real association with the Caesars Palace restaurant these days? Is it worth going to?

Also, I'd like recommendations for Italian on the Strip.

Bradley Ogden is rarely at Caesar's anymore and his son, Bryan, left the kitchens a few years ago. A few months back, the General Manager left to take a position within the Food and Beverage Department at Caesar's. It's just a shell of its former self and I've avoided dining there in recent years. Rumors have flown for some time that the space will soon shutter and be reincarnated as something else.

If you are interested in the same style of "New American" cuisine that Ogden puts on the menu, I'd recommend Sage at Aria and Chef Sean Armstrong. See my review of Sage here.

For Italian, you may want to try Valentino at The Venetian.

Thanks! I haven't been to this site in a while, busy with work and a little girl who turns ONE tomorrow!

I heard Bradley Ogden isn't there much, too bad. Last time I was in Vegas I popped in to the bar there and had soup and dessert. Both were fantastic, a corn chowder with bacon and lobster. The dessert was watermelon five ways. The plate looked to pretty to eat, a perfect refresher on a hot day. So I'm disappointed but there are many new choices since I was last in Vegas.

I much appreciated your reviews, sounds like complete immersion in food heaven! Wow, very descriptive, great pics, loved it. Made me feel like I was there! I have been thinking about Sage, cause I've heard great buzz and I loved Spring in Chicago so much. One of those rare meals where I couldn't find a thing I would have done differently. So I will have to try it for sure! Also, thanks for recommending Valentino, my wife and I had been thinking about trying B&B but I think it might be too 'non-traditional' for her.