• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bad Condiments You Love

There is no ketchup other than Heinz.

I dare you to try Hunts side-by-side, blindfolded...

Trader Joe's Organic Ketchup got me off the Heinz' train the first time I tried it. The stuff is awesome enough to eat with a spoon. Never like Hunt's, although their canned tomatoes are fine. But TJ's Organic goes with me to the desert island.

--Roberta--

"Let's slip out of these wet clothes, and into a dry Martini" - Robert Benchley

Pierogi's eG Foodblog

My *outside* blog, "A Pound Of Yeast"

Many of the condiments mentioned so far don't really qualify as bad. But I'm sure these do:

Those artificially flavoured powders to sprinkle on popcorn. It's shameful, but I love them.

Oooh! I just like the "butter" salt. I really really like the "butter" salt...

Many of the condiments mentioned so far don't really qualify as bad. But I'm sure these do:

Those artificially flavoured powders to sprinkle on popcorn. It's shameful, but I love them.

Oooh! I just like the "butter" salt. I really really like the "butter" salt...

Funny, I'm not fond of "butter" (the quotation marks are totally necessary) flavoured potato chips- it's a popular chip flavour in Japan- but I like it on popcorn.

My eGullet foodblog: Spring in Tokyo

My regular blog: Blue Lotus