• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where to eat in LV?

I'll be visiting LV in Feb for 5 nights and am looking for some suggestions of places to eat. I've been before (last time for three nights) and ate in Nob Hill, L'Attiler JR and Aureole. This time I'm beng taken to Aria and Michael Mina any other suggestions would be welcome. They don't have to be on the Strip although I'm staying there. I live in London and visit Europe regularly so not that bothered about high end french restaurants. Anything different than looking through the obvious list would be welocme.

Thanks.

As a local who appreciates some of the restaurants that have either emerged or have been discovered off the Strip I would recommend three that come to mind. One is Rosemary's with chef-owners Michael and Wendy Jordan, Marche Bacchus with chef Jean Paul Labadie and Nora's Winebar with chef-owner Giovanni Mauro. If you do elect to go off the Strip then I would highly recommend that you let the chefs cook for you and not order off of the menu. I do this when I go and make sure the chef is there that evening. They love to perform when they know they have an appreciative diner and very very seldom fails to please.

Robert Morris

Slow Food Las Vegas

10 years ago, there used to be an amazingly good Thai restaurant somewhere on the drive between the Venetian and Stratosphere. There was a Thai bakery/dessert shop next door.

Is that possibly enough hint for anyone to tell me a) whether it's still there, and b) whether it still exists or not?

You are talking about Lotus of Siam. It is on East Sahara Avenue (and has now a Indian restaurant next door). Still one of the best Thai restaurants anywhere and always worth a trip.

Another good restaurant of strip is Abriya Raku, a very good Japanese/Charcoal Grill restaurant.