• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

More Of or Enough Already!

weinoo

For 2011, I'd like more...

Great Spanish food.

Good taquerias.

Enough already...

Hamburgers in all their beef-blend iterations.

Neapolitan pizza.

"Casual" Italian joints where you still spend over $100.

Friggin' food trucks.

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

More tapas would be good

More mid priced Italian (Lupa like)

Less:

Pizza

Tiki

John Deragon

foodblog 1 / 2

--

I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day -- Dean Martin

More:

Everyday, non-fusion Thai food

Good Non-Sichuan Chinese outside Chinatown (I can dream, can't I?)

Less:

Fried chicken

Neopolitan pizza -- I can't believe there's signage for a new pizzeria from Italy on Bleecker right now, steps away from Keste, etc

Maybe we can allow only one more tiki bar if it's Brian Miller's?

"I'll put anything in my mouth twice." -- Ulterior Epicure

more offals, raw beef apps, northern european cuisine, drip coffee, and complimentary glass of prosecco if you have to wait more than 20 minutes past the reservation. most restaurants grossly underestimate how much this little gesture means.

enough already with entrees for two. i'll always side with variety. also agree with less burgers and neopolitan pizzas.

more ... drip coffee

But wait, don't you think there's enough already? Unless you're referring to coffee in restaurants.

In my neighborhood alone, make that micro-neighborhood, there are no less than 5 good to excellent coffee houses, not including the bucks on the corner of Allen and Delancey. I was almost ready to say enough already.

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

more ... drip coffee

But wait, don't you think there's enough already? Unless you're referring to coffee in restaurants.

In my neighborhood alone, make that micro-neighborhood, there are no less than 5 good to excellent coffee houses, not including the bucks on the corner of Allen and Delancey. I was almost ready to say enough already.

yes, i meant more drip coffee in restaurants. either way, i drink 3-5 cups of coffee a day so there can never be enough coffee shops. i perhaps need to cut back.