• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Gingerbread and Pumpkin Spice Liqueurs

KathyP

Yesterday at Jungle Jim's International Market in Fairfield, OH, I found a closeout on bottles of Hiram Walker's Gingerbread and Pumpkin Spice liqueurs at $5.99 each. Too good to pass up so I bought a bottle of each. Now, what to do with them? Aside from sipping straight, anyone got some recipe suggestions?

What do they taste like? If they are appealing straight, I'd start by trying them in recipes that call for allspice dram (aka pimento dram). Or maybe with rum and lime or bourbon and lemon.

If, OTOH, they are unappealing, I probably wouldn't through good booze after bad liqueurs.

Kindred Cocktails | Craft + Collect + Concoct + Categorize + Community

I was gifted the pumpkin spice. I thought it was nice, but a bit sweet. We wound up using some of it in coffee, then making a pitcher of shots out of it, for a drinking game. We mixed it with complimentary flavors, cinnamon, vanilla, and hazelnut liqueurs, and dark rum as I recall. It was a nice autumn night party shooter.