• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cooking classes in Barcelona And San Sebastian

I will be in Barcelona and San Sebastian for about 10 days in late September and early October. I am a serious home cook and am interested in high end cooking classes specializing in either contemporary cooking techniques or regional specialties. Any recommendations are greatly welcomed.

I hope you have a wonderful time. I recommend whatamieating.com (or whatamieating.mobi which works well on smartphones) as a decent dictionary of Spanish foods, with descriptions of dishes. Paella, of course, is a famous dish of Barcelona but if you can get fideuà this is even better, but more commonly found slightly further south in Valencia (the home of paella).

Travel safely.

paella-valencia-1005.jpg