• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook

On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎28 at 7:51 PM, dhardy123 said:

I have done both dipped and icing sugar coated meltaways. When dipped it really takes away the meltaway feeling as you have a crunchy outer shell of chocolate.

I have also used frames but now use a silicon square insert to make them. No leaks and I only need to cut in 1 direction.

I wanted to mold it in silicone heart-shaped molds but the smallest one I found has hearts that are 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" x 3/4" thick. I can adjust the thickness by how full I fill them but 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" is too big for a one-bite piece so I probably won't do it in that shape. But just for general knowledge, does it pop out of silicone molds without too much trouble?

Edit: Found some that are 3/4" x 3/4". That should work.

Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook

On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎28 at 7:51 PM, dhardy123 said:

I have done both dipped and icing sugar coated meltaways. When dipped it really takes away the meltaway feeling as you have a crunchy outer shell of chocolate.

I have also used frames but now use a silicon square insert to make them. No leaks and I only need to cut in 1 direction.

I wanted to mold it in silicone heart-shaped molds but the smallest one I found has hearts that are 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" x 3/4" thick. I can adjust the thickness by how full I fill them but 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" is too big for a one-bite piece so I probably won't do it in that shape. But just for general knowledge, does it pop out of silicone molds without too much trouble?