• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Feb in Vegas: How good can food get?

I'm planning to spend 5 days in Las Vegas restaurants next Feb. Mix, Twist, Savoy, Alex and Robuchon. I'd like to suggest some things that interest me in case you've had a bad experience with that dish, or any other. I just noticed just now that Mix has a new menu. It will be my first meal in Vegas, and hopefully not my worst.

My interest in this quest began with an article in my local paper about Robuchon, about 4 years ago. My restaurant-loving 90 something parents had just moved to Vancouver and wanted to sample its best restaurants. They remembered fondly eating in Paris, and in their honour, I want to visit:

Robuchon: La Lagustines, Les Champignons, Le Bar.

I have no interest in dessert. A finely paired glass of wine with the langoustines and a different one with le bar would be all I would be interested in as far as alcohol.

Has anyone here eaten those dishes?

Haven't been to Twist but have been to the others. Mix was good, but definitely not in the same league as the others. However, it was the cheapest of them all. We had the 16 course tasting @ Robuchon and everything was great. The items on Alex's tasting menu was wonderful as well. Since we didn't like everything on the tasting menu @ Savoy, our server helped us put together our own tasting menu of sort. It was easily accomplished since you can order many of the dishes as half portions. The artichoke and truffle soup is not to be missed. There was also this chestnut dish (app) that I loved.