• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Seven Fishes on Christmas Eve?

RonV

I've recently moved to Middletown and I'm looking for a place doing a Feast of the Seven Fishes dinner in the area. My Google skills have been put to the test and I'm coming up empty. I found one place up in Woodbridge but we're trying to say down in the shore area.

Any ideas?

I wish I could help, I live a few towns away, but I'm not sure of any places. I even did some asking around through friends, and friends of friends. It would be a good thing to know, in general.

I will say, though, that Woodbridge isn't terribly far off. Maybe a half hour from Middletown, depending on what end of Middletown you're at.

• 3 years later...

I wasn't sure whether to start a new thread on this topic or revive this one, but I figured the fewer threads the better. I have been looking for a place that will offer the Feast of Seven Fishes for Christmas this year in the NJ/Philly area, but haven't seen anything that looks very interesting. They have what looks to be a good menu at Grissini Restaurant, but the reviews for this place seem spotty. Some restaurants may not even have announced for 2014 yet.

I was hoping for a little advice and some other dining options. Thanks.

(Grissini Offerings for $75.00:)

Vongole Origanate: Clams with Oregano and Breadcrumbs

Alici Marinati: Marinated Fresh Anchovies
Linguine con le Vogole: Linguine with Clams
Spaghetti con le Cozze: Spaghetti with Mussels
Baccalà alla Vesuviana: Salt Cod with Tomatoes & Capers
Gamberoni Casalinga Siciliana: Jumbo Shrimp Marsala Housewife Style
Anguilla Livornese: Eeel with Olives, Chiles & Capers
San Pietro intero: Whole Saint Peter’s Fish
Zuppa di Pesce: Seafood Stew
Edited by Batard (log)

"There's nothing like a pork belly to steady the nerves."

Fergus Henderson

Without knowing what other links you've checked out....I googled "italian fish dinner for christmas eve philadelphia new jersey area" and a bunch of links came up.

Open Table in Philly for this Xmas Eve. Some restaurants are offering the Seven Fishes menu. Keep reading & scrolling.
http://www.opentable.com/promo.aspx?m=13&pid=5

Old ChowH thread for NJ possibilities:
http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/881547

There were other relevant links that came up in this google search, also.

Thanks,

I've been able to come up with a short list for Philly that includes Fork, Catherine Lombardi's, Paradiso, Positano Coast, Mamma Maria Ristorante, Branzino, Osteria NJ, and a new place called Palladino’s. So I think that list gives me a good start. Thanks DJyee for the suggestions.

"There's nothing like a pork belly to steady the nerves."

Fergus Henderson