• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Michelin Stars 2011

Absolutely stunned this hasn't leaked yet - anyone heard anything "on the inside"?

Spoke to several people, seems very under wraps this year. There maybe something after the Chefs dinner on Monday night if not look out just before noon on Tuesday

Not that the blog is on the inside, we just talk to people nicely :biggrin:

Edited by Chef Hermes Blog (log)

The Chef Hermes blog

Can be followed on Twitter: @chefhermes

Or Facebook:Chef Hermes group page

i see the black swan at oldstead got 3 rosettes which puts it in some exalted company, it was an espoir last year so may well be in for the upgrade this year.

i went about a year ago, i thought it was a lot of style over substance, very cheffy plates - the antithesis of something like the sportsman but if it's working for them then good luck to them. The rooms are supposed to be good so i guess it ticks a lot of boxes from the michelin view point.

you don't win friends with salad

Had a very good look around over the past two days (including previous known URL's for Michelin) & nothing.

Offically it will go live on Michelin's website at 11:40 GMT, will have some tip bits through tonight from the Chef's gathering.

The Chef Hermes blog

Can be followed on Twitter: @chefhermes

Or Facebook:Chef Hermes group page

If the Sat Bains rumour is true that is well deserved.

Agreed, I've literally just booked this morning for March and came on here to see if there was anything new about the restaurant, glad I got the booking in now if that's so!

My meal there last year was way above my (excitedly high) expectation. Doing us Nottingham folk proud in the food stakes.

Slightly off-topic so sorry. I've always wanted to visit Sat Bains but have been put off by the fact that he only does a tasting menu. Is this still true or does he offer ALC? If he does only do a tasting menu how would he accommodate my sadly delusional vegetarian partner - or wouldn't he?