• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Searching for a can heavy duty opener – pneumatic or electric?

I need a “serious” can opener, the sort of thing that will crack three or four dozen large A10 cans without a tea break….is anybody using one, or “can” someone recommend a brand or a supplier, (ideally in Ireland)?

Its only food...!

A Bonzer Commercial Can Opener is what you want, handles A10 no problem. They last forever as you can pick up all the spare parts blades etc and fit them yourself.

Try E Bay or second hand catering equipment places.

LC

Edited by LornaC (log)

Thanks LC, I have a Bonzer already but some of the crew are having difficulty due to the amount of cans we open so the next step up is an automated machine. I’ve seen these at various trade shows but never thought I would need one & now that I do, I can’t find a supplier…

Its only food...!