• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

London Dining

Hi

Going to London in January with a set of parents. Wanting to treat them to 'special' meal - would have done Le Gavroche but it's not open on 3rd January which is when meal needs to be.

Any suggestions on where to go? Nothing too offal driven as they won't have that but happy to do any styling of food outside that.

Thanks

Martin

Launceston Place is a decent neighbourhood restaurant which we would be happy to have local to us, but,

On our only visit my main, mutton chop, was tough and verging on sending back. In fact if it happened today I would send it back.

This is not a recent visit, I may add, its perhaps eighteen months or more ago, but Tristan Welch is still the chef.

Fair do's the Maitre'D, who's name escapes me, compted most if not all of my meal. My wife's meal was "enjoyable". Service was very good just a shame the food on the day, for me at least, was a disappointment.

There is a fantastic choice in London currently. See my posts for more info.

"So many places, so little time"

http://londoncalling...blogspot.co.uk/

@d_goodfellow1