• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where did you eat last night, today or tonight?

ELA

Let's get some activity started here . . .

Tonight -- Smyrna, a Mediterranean café in Ramsey. A few Greek dishes as well. Their version of spinach pie, gyros, as well as babaganoush , hummus, and more.

Good food.

I'm having 8 friends over here on December 4. Two years ago it was Spanish (paella and stuff all brought in from Segovia in Moonachie). Last year was Chinese, food from Baumgard's and Su. This year it's Greek and I'm planning on using It's Greek To Me. 8 of us. Two of them have never been to a Greek restaurant! Any suggestions?

Last night we ate at Tani in Glen Rock - suprisingly good crispy orange beef, some sushi and rolls and a mongolian beef stir fry dsh - it's "fusion" I ate that word and description for restaurants, but they have some japanese, some chinese and some thai - desserts are not great, but the food is good :)

www.nutropical.com

~Borojo~

• 11 months later...

I'm having 8 friends over here on December 4. Two years ago it was Spanish (paella and stuff all brought in from Segovia in Moonachie). Last year was Chinese, food from Baumgard's and Su. This year it's Greek and I'm planning on using It's Greek To Me. 8 of us. Two of them have never been to a Greek restaurant! Any suggestions?

Which It's Greek to Me? My husband's family is Greek. They felt that the one in Ridgewood was substandard. The one in Westwood, however, is really good. Huge portions and excellent home style cooking. Everything we had there was good, but for a large group I'd get at least a big Greek salad and a large pastitio. Then whatever.