• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mousse Ganache

mostlylana

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't have a guitar. Would it be possible to pipe this into shells?

Absolutely, a mousse ganache would just be relatively thicker than the base ganache that made it, but lighter once set. It should be pipable without difficulty, in fact, I'm sure that's how they make several truffles, just instead of piping them in shells, they pipe out rounds to coat in chocolate. Pleasant in a shell, for sure. Even without a guitar, give making it a try, just try putting on a chocolate "foot", then flip it and cut with a knife dipped in warm water, then wiped dry between cuts. You can get great results, it just takes longer :-)

In the course we didn't have time to let this set, so we actually piped the ganache into rosettes.

After now making this twice at home, I have 2 tips:

Work very quickly to spread the filling after whipping, it hardens very quickly.

Refrigerate before cutting with a guitar (or knife), which is what the Chef told us we would have to do although I had to see it to believe it!

Could anyone else reading this thread and who wants the recipe please PM me with the request, I have completely lost track of who I have sent the recipe to...

In the course we didn't have time to let this set, so we actually piped the ganache into rosettes.

Work very quickly to spread the filling after whipping, it hardens very quickly.

Refrigerate before cutting with a guitar (or knife), which is what the Chef told us we would have to do although I had to see it to believe it!

Could anyone else reading this thread and who wants the recipe please PM me with the request, I have completely lost track of who I have sent the recipe to...

This is my next project after Mother's Day. I was daydreaming about it this AM :)

Liron, why would you need to refrigerate the slab if it hardens quickly? I think I'm missing something...

It hardens quickly, but the end result isn't as firm as a ganache- when I cut through it with the guitar without cooling it, the corners got squished :sad:

Ahhh, so the difficulty in cutting is to time the right stage of firmness? Too soft - corners squish; too firm - corners break....?

Please send me a copy of the recipe thank you

• 2 years later...

it seems that my post on this topic got lost in the forum update..

here again:

I am also interested in this recipe, maybe someone who recieved the recipe from lironp can send it to me?
lironp was last online 2013, but i still messaged him.

hope someone can help me.

cheers, daniel

I did send an email to Liron - he's a she - haven't heard anything back yet. Unfortunately I lost the recipe in the great hard drive crash of 2014. 

9 hours ago, danield said:

Thank you for the answer, i appreciate that. (thanks for the gender correction too :P )
So i guess there is no need to msg everyone in this topic, since there was this crash in 2014? :-(

It was a personal hard drive crash - so others will still have the recipe. I did e-mail dhardy123 to see if he still has it around.

Edited by Kerry Beal (log)

If we're talking about that whipped orange caramel ganache, I still have the recipe. Would jotting it down in a post in my own words make it forum safe or is that still outside the lines? Seems like that'd be a lot easier just to have it here for any who want it.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

On 12/11/2015 at 2:53 PM, Tri2Cook said:

If we're talking about that whipped orange caramel ganache, I still have the recipe. Would jotting it down in a post in my own words make it forum safe or is that still outside the lines? Seems like that'd be a lot easier just to have it here for any who want it.

I would love to have this recipe as well. If you can't post it, would you please PM me? 

Edited by Gwbyls (log)

• 1 month later...

Ditto! This sounds amazing....and complicated..which makes me want to do it even more :)

I was all set to pm Liron....and then read the last few messages. :(

Does anyone still have the recipe? *crosses fingers...toes...paws...everything*

Budding, UK based chocolatier .....or at least..that's the plan