• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cutesy Place for an High Tea?

pax

My Mom wants to take my 8 yo for a fancy tea mid-afternoon in midtown on a Monday. Hot cocoa and desserts kind of thing.

I haven't been to NYC in years. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

“Don't kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd eat you and everyone you care about!”

I double that suggestion. Lindacakes just beat me to it.

http://www.alicesteacup.com/

I've been there without kids and like it fine. It is pretty much exactly what you are looking for.

I believe the menu item called the "Madhatter" or some such has the typical high tea 3-tier platter with scones, finger sandwiches, and cookies/cakes.

Thank you all, I passed these links to Uber-Grandma and she is all about Alice's. Kid will enjoy it, I'm sure.

Ta!

“Don't kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd eat you and everyone you care about!”