• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblogs: Coming Attractions (2010/2011)

My last guess - bmdaniel. Appears he's in Dallas (the view sorta works), he's into Sous Vide (and owns a SVM with the 20 litre pail as pictured), owns MC and is most active in the booze threads! Now what is that vacuum sealer?

Oh, duh, yeah, that's probably Dallas: that would make the tall building the Bank of America building, which is shaped like that (though most of the time you see it at night, with the green neon outline). It's not Oklahoma City (e.g., I'm not blogging!) and it's too big to be Tulsa (which does have tall buildings, but not that tall, and not that many).

ETA: And the photo is taken from Reunion Tower, which is why it's not in the picture :).

Edited by Chris Hennes (log)

Chris Hennes
Director of Operations
chennes@egullet.org

ETA: And the photo is taken from Reunion Tower, which is why it's not in the picture :).

Exactly - from a table at 560, Wolfgang Puck's surprisingly good restaurant at the top (with the caveat that I haven't been since chef Sara Johannes got called up to LA).

dcarch - the reflection in the background is the bar/wine racks

If you haven't done so already, make sure you check out bmdaniel's eG Foodblogand see what's going on in Dallas and Chicago!

And here's your first clue for next week's blogger:

blog teaser 1.jpg

Well, if Upton is the team listed on top, they would be the visiting team. Isn't the bull from the Durham Bulls, which is in North Carolina?

Yep.

The ballpark’s most distinctive feature is the Bull that stands tall above the Blue Monster. This Bull was modeled after the bull used in the 1988 film, Bull Durham. The actual Bull from the the movie is hung in the concourse level of the DBAP.

Kerry Beal is a winner!

Yes that is the Bull from the Durham Bulls. when the Bulls hit a home run the Bulls eyes light up and smoke comes out of his nostrils.

BJ Upton is a player. He played for the Bulls and then was called up to the Majors - the Florida Rays (formerly Devil Rays). The Bulls are the Triple AAA farm team for the Rays.

We hope you're all enjoying the eG Foodblogs, including the one going on right now: eG Foodblogs: Toolprincess (2011) Food adventures from North Carolina

Here are a couple of teasers for the foodblog starting next week:

Photo2SeaUrchin.jpg

Photo4Books.jpeg

I think perhaps another hint is required.

Those appear to be not very hairy highland cattle - perhaps some sort of highland cross, somewhere with coniferous trees. Lupines - but not sure what the food is. So we are mountainous ranch area - maybe Colorado?

Those appear to be not very hairy highland cattle - perhaps some sort of highland cross, somewhere with coniferous trees. Lupines - but not sure what the food is. So we are mountainous ranch area - maybe Colorado?

I thought those were shrimp or something of the sort. Stymied - where is there seafood of good quality alongside gorgeous cattle?

I thought those were shrimp or something of the sort. Stymied - where is there seafood of good quality alongside gorgeous cattle?

That looks like lobster.

Seattle perhaps?