• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblogs: Coming Attractions (2010/2011)

I am SO craving a sliced apple with cheese right now. Those apples are so beautifully photographed. And I don't think they are ripening in my part of the world (kinda Pacific Northwest), so would make a clumsy guess that it's southern hemi?

Those look awfully like Honeycrisp apples so I am guessing someone from Minnesota where that apple was developed or someone from Nova Scotia which has a Honeycrisp renewal program sponsored by the government. Am I close?

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

• 2 weeks later...

Does the next blogger happen to play in a Big Band, too? I'm wracking my brain; and can see the sig line, about the Coronado Big Band, but can't recall the person's NAME! Damn a swiss cheese memory! That's the kind with holes...) :biggrin:

"Commit random acts of senseless kindness"

Judiu - how funny that you remember the sig line - Coronado to me is San Diego in California but I could be way odd and have no idea about the member

Does the next blogger happen to play in a Big Band, too? I'm wracking my brain; and can see the sig line, about the Coronado Big Band, but can't recall the person's NAME! Damn a swiss cheese memory! That's the kind with holes...) :biggrin:

You mean Octaveman, I think.

Cheers,

Anne

You mean Octaveman, I think.

By George, I believe that's it!

"Commit random acts of senseless kindness"

• 2 weeks later...

As i've just moved to extremely DRY (in every sense of the word)Kuwait i shall be living vicariously through this one - mines a large one with gin and cynar in some combination please...

"Experience is something you gain just after you needed it" ....A Wise man