• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblogs: Coming Attractions (2010/2011)

I was thinking nickrey, too, but he doesn't use parchment under his pizza, does he?

Anyway, I don't have any other guess, but what are those black things? I guess we'll find out soon enough!

Walnut shells?

Not me.

Ham and pineapple pizza is the most popular pizza in Australia though and with the cockatoo, it seems to be the right continent.

May have to wait for some more photos, it has me stumped.

Nick Reynolds, aka "nickrey"

"The Internet is full of false information." Plato
My eG Foodblog

The black things, I'm guessing, are ripe old almond fruit. On the right edge of the pic, you can see the almond nut shell in one of the cut open fruit. I think. Tricky...

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&expIds=17259,24472,27147,27817&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&q=almond+fruit&cp=10&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=BxHzTIyxFZS4sQO1ip3MCw&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=2&sqi=2&ved=0CDYQsAQwAQ&biw=1280&bih=854

Artichokes are coming into season here, same for great winter greens, and almond season is over in California--hence the dried almond fruit (if that's what it is). I would expect the Australian almond fruit to be in the fuzzy green stage now. The cockatoo, flowering vine, and springlike colors in some of the other pix say Australia, though.

By now you all know that Australia was correct, but the eG Blogger of the week is actually Snadra! Check it out.

Here's a picture from the eG Foodblog set to begin next week. Any guesses?

seven layer cake.jpg

I wish it were Gifted Gourmet, but she has not participated regularly in eG in quite some time.

Based on the style of heater in the background, I'm inclined to think it's someone outside of North America (or someone who lives in North America but in an older apartment building or hotel-type residence).

Ah yes - european plug for sure. Is that butter on the table with a brisket?

• 2 weeks later...

We're just finishing up a great week with abooja, but you may have noticed no teasers were posted last week. We're taking a week off but will return next week with a new blog. Teaser images to come.

In the meantime, if you're interested in sharing a week with us, please send me a PM or email to preiss@egstaff.org.