• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Nancy in Pátzcuaro

communal cooking/cooking classes in Seattle

7 posts in this topic

A few years ago I heard of a business that provided kitchen space and expert assistance for people who weren't expert cooks and wanted help preparing meals. I think people could buy ingredients and prepare meals for the week with the help of trained staff. I believe that this concept was later franchised.

My question is--does anyone remember this, or even what it was called? I've been trying to Google it but none of the keywords I've used have been helpful.

Thanks for your help--this has been driving me nuts.

Nancy in CO

Formerly "Nancy in CO"

I've heard about a place in town where some of the moms I know like to go. They say it's great because it takes care of the parts of cooking they enjoy the least: deciding what to make, shopping for ingredients, and prepping. Here is the link: click

Thank you both for those links. I think What's for Supper? is closer to what I remember. Anybody else have an idea?

Nancy in CO

Formerly "Nancy in CO"

Is this what you remember? Dream Dinners

Edited by GourmetLight$ (log)

Carolyn

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

J.R.R. Tolkien

There's also this one that I've seen in the area: Dinner's Ready

Carolyn

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

J.R.R. Tolkien

Thanks--I'll look at this one too. Both this and What's for Supper sound very much like what I remember.

Nancy in CO

Formerly "Nancy in CO"