• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

the best smoked ham

Some years ago I went out somewhere into Montgomery Co and got the BEST smoked ham ever. Alas, I've lost the info - ALL: name, address, the works. Last year I went out and tried to find it by failing memory with failing results.

It was a large store with all sorts of pork products, where they did the smoking and curing on site. It was not in a strip mall, etc., but stood alone, perhaps on the edge of a farm.

Where do you get your best hams products?

"Half of cooking is thinking about cooking." ---Michael Roberts

Could it have been http://www.bloomingglencatering.com/. These are the folks who ran the long-departed Moyers pork store @ the RTM. They've won plenty of prizes for their ham, which I wish were still available at the terminal.

Edited by rlibkind (log)

Bob Libkind aka "rlibkind"

Robert's Market Report