• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

lancastermike

Trick or Treat

Thanks to all for your replies. we live on a quiet street that is well it and has sidewalks. Every year we see less and less kids. All my neighbors, save one, have the lights on and have treats for the kids. Just seeems that less and less kids are out. At least in our area.

As I stated above, my headcount can vary widely. :wacko:

Yesterday was a record day -- almost 500% above 2009. Maybe it was a combination of being a Sunday and the gorgeous weather.

I ran out of treats before 6 PM :sad:

The pencils and erasers were "AWESOME" -- or so I was told by my costumed visitors.

Kim, for children like mine, (who are not only children) the little onesize popcorn is a really big deal because

a; they can make it all by themselves, and b; they don't have to share with sibs,it's ALL MINE. :biggrin:

My mother gave out snickers, reeses and three musketeers this year.

I was not home, I took my son.

I figured out last night, between my own childhood, having my two kids ten years apart, plus my step-daughter, I have spent thirty five years trick or treating. :shock: No wonder my feet hurt!

---------------------------------------

Last year we had just moved into the Coop and were more than flat broke- truly our funds were depressed! I walked to the local drug store and bought 2 bags of mixed hard candies. We had NO Trick or Treaters, but I attributed this our having bought a house that had been vacant for 5 years. This year we bought a bag of DumDum lollies and a bag of Charms Sweet lollies and had NO Trick or Treaters. I've been tossing the lollies into my international shipments. I found out this year that I do not care for Charms Sweet flavors- just the Sweet & Sours- which, thank goodies- We didn't buy!

More Than Salt

Visit Our Cape Coop Blog

Cure Cutaneous Lymphoma

Join the DarkSide---------------------------> DarkSide Member #006-03-09-06