• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Halloween Trick or Treat

On 10/31/2021 at 2:31 PM, blue_dolphin said:

I have this much candy corn, bought for decorative purposes but I don’t think I should reach into the candle holder and hand out fistfuls of the stuff. 

CB9B2998-22E0-475A-B65B-25138EE1B13C.thumb.jpeg.44bdd54b0b5b45eb83c8fd4e6ab00d41.jpeg

The nice thing about candy corn is you can use the same candy in your candle vase year after year after year and it will likely survive unscathed (might get a little chewy a few years down the road xD).

• Haha 4

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

Zero trick or treaters for us. Which would be great if we bought candy, but we hadn't.

Simple here - you sign up to either let the kids come to your door, or you don't.  If they even let that happen this year.

Significant Eater loves candy corn, whereas I'm agnostic. Then again, Significant Eater is a junk-food junkie!

• Like 1

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

We live one house away from a block that is usually closed to cars on Halloween, so it is a city-wide destination for Trick or Treat.   This year, covid cancelled the closure but there were hundreds of kids anyway, probably more neighborhood than usual.    As usual, we turned off front lights and hunkered down in the back of the house and used back stairs.   We noticed that most neighbors did the same this year.

Boo humbug.

eGullet member #80.