• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Thanksgiving in SF or East Bay

eyedoc

Sorry no one has responded to your inquiry, Eyedoc. I'm afraid most of us living in the area don't dine out during that holiday so your best bet might be perusing Open Table to see who is open and then double-checking ratings of those restaurants on Yelp or the Open Table ratings.

• 2 weeks later...

Eyedoc,

Sorry for the late reply. I don't log in often.

If Firefly (SF) is doing a Thanksgiving meal, and you can still get a reservation, I'd recommend that; we've been there for their Passover dinners and they did quite a good job. Boulette's Larder in the Ferry Building is likely to be doing something special for TD, but not sure if it will require groups. And, of course, you can't go wrong with Chapeau!, but I don't know if they're doing anything special. Otherwise, Asian restuarants are more likely to have full dinner service on TD than others.

You could also look for local foodie groups doing benefit dinners for TD. Even if the food is so-so, they company will be interesting.

Zagat has a list of restaurants doing TD dinner: http://blog.zagat.com/thanksgiving-dinner-at-san-francisco-restaurants

The Fuzzy Chef

www.fuzzychef.org

Think globally, eat globally

San Francisco