• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Next Iron Chef- 2010

Kafka Zola

I smell a rat. FN saw that Caswell went down and Tsai is on shaky ground and in danger of being cut. A three way tie was arranged to preserve their one shot at getting a telegenic chef (Tsai).

I agree that this show is better than previous series, but not for FN. 4/5 possible outcomes are pretty bad for IC. They need chefs with some flair and a reputation. Other than my friend Ming, this is a bland group.

I agree completely. When the three way tie was announced I thought those exact same words, "I smell a rat!"

If I were the FN, I wouldn't leave to chance the selection of the next "star".

True that, however when they select the contestants I would think that they believe that they all have some sort of "star power". I have read their bios, they are all accomplished chefs. Bringing in Chef Tsai completely insured that there would be viewers, but again I am not convinced that it is a sure win for him.

Am I the only one rooting for chef tio? With her braids, Midwestern sincerity and cooking chops, I do hope she is the first female winner and keeps cat Cora from embarrassing me so often.

"Gourmandise is not unbecoming to women: it suits the delicacy of their organs and recompenses them for some pleasures they cannot enjoy, and for some evils to which they are doomed." Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

MetaFooder: linking you to food | @foodtwit

Am I the only one rooting for chef tio? With her braids, Midwestern sincerity and cooking chops, I do hope she is the first female winner and keeps cat Cora from embarrassing me so often.

No, I was totally for Chef Tio as well. I just love her, she reminds me of Sandra Oh. I was sorry to see her go tonight.

As well as completely and totally blown out of the water by Ming being eliminated. I honestly never saw that coming. I was so sure he'd end up winning it, why the heck else would he do it? Wow. FN actually regained a bit of credibility with me for that.

--Roberta--

"Let's slip out of these wet clothes, and into a dry Martini" - Robert Benchley

Pierogi's eG Foodblog

My *outside* blog, "A Pound Of Yeast"

I was hoping Chef's Tio and Forgione would be the final 2 (even tho' like everyone else I really like Ming Tsai). I only got half the equation. I'm going to have to be in Chef Forgione's corner for the final, I find Chef Canora fairly unlikeable and rather annoying not to mention self serving and arrogant.

I give FN credit for honesty in their Ming-ectomy. I retrospect, I should've known it would be legit; Alton Brown is a very upstanding guy from what I read.

Were I Ming, though, I'd have expected a guarantee or I'd not have taken the risk.