• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Anywhere to buy fresh lemon/lime juice in San Francisco?

Mayur

Dear fellow Society members,

I'm running a cocktail event in SF on October 26th, 2010 at the Clift Hotel (downtown right by Union Square), and I'm trying to figure out how to get all my citrus together on short notice. While I have access to prep facilities, I really don't have time to juice 10 quarts each lemon and lime juice and I'm looking for a way to buy some. In NYC, for instance, we can purchase fresh juices to order from Manhattan Fruit Co. Is there a similar option in SF, or even elsewhere in the Bay Area (it may be worth the drive)?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

-Mayur

Mayur Subbarao, aka "Mayur"

Mayur:

Try contacting Orchid Island Juice Company and see if they have any local vendors there. It's not as good as fresh squeezed but is far more time efficient and a hell of a lot less work when you're in a time crunch.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol