• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Visiting Beverly Hills

DanM

My wife, daughter (who will be 10 months old), and will be in the Beverly Hills area in mid December for a wedding. We will be staying at the Residence Inn Hotel. I am wondering what people recommend in the area for lunch that is less than $20 per entree and willing to have our silly little girl join us. Also, are there any great bakeries/pastry shops were I can pick up a few baked goods for breakfast? Finally, are there any grocery stores in the area?

Thanks!

Dan

"Salt is born of the purest of parents: the sun and the sea." --Pythagoras.

If you're into cupcakes, there is a Sprinkles bakery in Bev Hills. Am I mistaken or do you keep Kosher? If so, you're really not that far from the fairfax area or LA or Pico/Olympic. There are some pretty decent Jewish bakeries over there.

When we're in the area in August, I really enjoyed Bottega Louie. It's in the Downtown area. I don't think that's too far from Beverly Hills if you're driving. Great pasta and pizza, and it's also a pastry shop.

If you're into cupcakes, there is a Sprinkles bakery in Bev Hills. Am I mistaken or do you keep Kosher? If so, you're really not that far from the fairfax area or LA or Pico/Olympic. There are some pretty decent Jewish bakeries over there.

Yes, we keep kosher, but will eat out vegetarian.

Thanks!

Dan

"Salt is born of the purest of parents: the sun and the sea." --Pythagoras.

• 1 month later...

There are several good places within walking distance. The majority are on Pico a few blocks east. There is Factor's Deli, a Chinese place, Sushi, casual places and a Kosher pizza place. There is a large grocery a couple blocks west on Pico, Ralph's. There are a couple of bakeries. It's a nice neighborhood. You won't go hungry and your kid could never out misbehave the locals ;-)

Edited by StanSherman (log)