• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Food Network Party

smilingal

I was honored to be included in the Food Network Lounge Party last evening at Thalassa in NYC. What a blast! I felt like a kid in Disney! The food was great - passed hors d'oeuvres including Steak with Parmesan Spinach Crostini, Norwegian Salmon with Tomato and Olive Salad, Buitoni Quattro Formaggi Agnolotti with Grated Cheeses, Shrimp with Greek Saffron Sauce, Chicken mini Brochettes, Cherry Tomato with Kasseri Cheese and Mushrooms, Mini Marbles stuffed Potatoes, Fried Pickles, Portobello Fries. There was a Gravlax Station with caviar fixings, a Panini Bar with Lobster Roll, Turkey Cubano, Mortadella and Artichoke, Filet Mignon with Graviara Cheese, Feta Cheese Dip and Eggplant Dip. Lindt was a promoter so there were tastings of three different dark chocolates - sliced roasted almonds, dark chocolate, and one with sea salt. I was especially impressed with the Greek Wines that were paired with these - the Muscato with the Sea Salt chocolate was excellent. Desserts were a Cupcake Tower (made by Candace Nelson from Cupcake Wars, mini pumpkin parfaits, Spiced Chocolate Tart, and strawberries dipped in Truvia (another promoter). In addition to Candace Nelson, Sunny Anderson, Aarti Sequeira, Melissa D'arabian and Marcela Valladolid were also there. The drinks were flowing as well - but I stuck with my champagne! We even were presented with a great goodie bag on the way out. No wonder I had a difficult time falling asleep last night!

Edited by smilingal (log)