• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Les Deux Salons

So this is a really short notice post but I thought I'd give it a shot. I have reservations at both Arbutus and Les Deux Salons tonight and I am wondering which one to hit tonight. I'm thinking that whichever one I don't go to I will go to the other one on Sunday (provided I like tonight's meal). So any thoughts, which one should be first?

Thanks.

Are you saying you deliberately booked at two places on a Friday night with the intention of cancelling one at short notice? If so, that is very inconsiderate.

Are you saying you deliberately booked at two places on a Friday night with the intention of cancelling one at short notice? If so, that is very inconsiderate.

Honestly, I only booked a reservation at Arbutus and figured I would be able to get into Les Deux Salon based on the availability on the web site. Reading my post it certainly did seem that I made reservations at both places and I apologize for the miscommunication. Anyway, ended up at Arbutus. Man, that Eel...!!!

Good, thanks for clarifying, the habit some people have of multiple booking and late cancellation (and maybe not even that) is really hideous and disrespectful of restaurateurs' hard work. I'm glad you enjoyed Arbutus, haven't bene there in ages although I should have.