• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ada's Latin Flavor

=Mark

Stopped at Ada's Latin Flavor on Broadway and 5th St. in Long Branch for lunch a couple weeks ago and had one of the best Cubano sandwiches in a couple years. Judging from the roast pork in the Cubano, I'd have to bet that the Pernil is excellent too.

Small, clean and brightly lit, this little Dominican gem is a valued addition to the downtown Long Branch area. Empanadas, Mofungo & tostones. Grilled sandwiches incluting Cubanos, Steak and Chicken Breast.

Service was good and I had a nice chat with Ada, the owner. How an Ethiopian American accountant ends up running a Dominican restaurant may be improbable, but I'm glad that's how it worked out.

Since then I've had the Pork Rib with Garlic sauce special, and the Bacalao with red paprika sauce. Also have enjoyed the beef empanadas and tostones.

Looking forward to working my way through the rest of the menu...

Pictured: Takeput empanadas & pork ribs

ada\

ada\

Edited by =Mark (log)

=Mark

Give a man a fish, he eats for a Day.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for Life.

Teach a man to sell fish, he eats Steak

You're right...the Pernil IS excellent! :biggrin:

Thanks for letting the rest of us know about Ada's! Great spot!

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."