• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cooking on a Big Green Egg

Kerry Beal

1 hour ago, weinoo said:

I am just a little jealous of that setup.  (It's really not fair for people to show off their fancy barbecue/grill/Ooni/outdoor kitchen rigs to us apartment-dwelling NYers!)

As if you would give up a NYC apartment for a bit of smoke in rural XXX!

• Haha 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

2 hours ago, weinoo said:

I am just a little jealous of that setup.  (It's really not fair for people to show off their fancy barbecue/grill/Ooni/outdoor kitchen rigs to us apartment-dwelling NYers!)

Understood. Often times I am a bit envious of all the restaurants, specialty shops, museums, etc. that you have easy access to in NYC. But I know that I do not want to live in NYC. Visits to NYC are great but I am much happier living in the suburbs.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, dans said:

I bought a Jotisserie for my BGE several years ago.  It is great!  I usually do whole chickens. I bout the extra forks to but have only done twins once.

This week, I'll be doing chicken legs in the basket that I bought for smaller items.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CDR3DJ4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yes, I have the Kamado Joe basket kit. I've seen some interesting YouTube videos making meat and veggie on the rotisserie using the tumbler and flat baskets. Need to give this a try!

An example of a combo basket cook:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaOx6db47gk

• Like 2