• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

curls

curls

added links to recipes and additional information

1 hour ago, Kerry Beal said:

Some nice looking stuff! The bone marrow in particular called out to me. Did you get any details on how they had cooked it?

The Toronto Eggfest is not going to be until the fall this year - Toronto Eggfest

I had a call the other day (and a drop off of a new product) from Marc who makes Cluck and Squeal. He's making a new product called Tasty Hot - all peppers - 'spike to taste'. Quite lovely - going to be playing with it over the next little while. He mentioned there is an eggfest happening in Delaware, Ontario (up near London) on June 9 - OMA eggfest. Unfortunately I am without sitter that weekend and won't be able to attend. 

I too wanted more details on the bone marrow but it is one of the few that I have no more information on -- whenever I walked by their tent they seemed a bit too busy to talk -- they also kept their egg a bit farther back from the table so I wasn't even able to see if they were cooking the bones direct or indirect. Only thing I can tell you is that they put the bones directly on the grill.

The Tasty Hot product sounds interesting. I'll make a note about the Toronto eggfest on my calendar but odds are better for 2019.

Have you had a pig shot? I hadn't seen those before and they were a nice bite and a crowd pleaser. Plenty of ABTs and moinks (but those I knew about).

curls

curls

58 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

Some nice looking stuff! The bone marrow in particular called out to me. Did you get any details on how they had cooked it?

The Toronto Eggfest is not going to be until the fall this year - Toronto Eggfest

I had a call the other day (and a drop off of a new product) from Marc who makes Cluck and Squeal. He's making a new product called Tasty Hot - all peppers - 'spike to taste'. Quite lovely - going to be playing with it over the next little while. He mentioned there is an eggfest happening in Delaware, Ontario (up near London) on June 9 - OMA eggfest. Unfortunately I am without sitter that weekend and won't be able to attend. 

I too wanted more details on the bone marrow but it is one of the few that I have no more information on -- whenever I walked by their tent they seemed a bit too busy to talk -- they also kept their egg a bit farther back from the table so I wasn't even able to see if they were cooking the bones direct or indirect. Only thing I can tell you is that they put the bones directly on the grill.

The Tasty Hot product sounds interesting. I'll make a note about the Toronto eggfest on my calendar but odds are better for 2019.

Have you had a pig shot? I hadn't seen those before and they were a nice bite and a crowd pleaser. Plenty of ABTs and moinks (but those I knew about).