• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lido's: A good restaurant in the middle of nowhere!

Scargo

Had an amazing lunch at Lido's on Friday, September 24, 2010. So much so that I had to mention it. It was really unexpected;being in such a rural location and finding good food!

Friday's they have clam chowder and this day they had lobster rolls, too!

My son's chicken and sausage with penne and red sauce (with mushrooms), was delicious and a huge portion. He paid a slight up-charge to get the chowder instead of regular soup or salad.

Service was a little slow, but it was a one-man (FOH) operation on that day at lunchtime. They had meatloaf on the menu! Sam Adams on tap. Comfortable, small dining-room and separate bar-dining area.

I highly recommend it for better than average food when you're out in the middle of nowhere...

Lido's Italian Restaurant and Bar

773 Quinebaug Rd, Quinebaug, CT 06262

(860) 935-9261

PS: Highway 197 (Old Turnpike Road), is a nice, scenic, curvy fun drive if you want to get off I-84 for a while.

Banished from Chowhound; I like it just fine on eGullet!

If you`re not big enough to lose, you`re not big enough to win! Try this jalapeno, son. It ain't hot...