• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

San Antonio - Entertaining Clients

jmbrightman

Biga on the Banks! On the Riverwalk, gorgeous, great food. I grew up in San Antonio and my sister even staged there before culinary school, so I've been many times and always come away happy. Too bad La Reve closed, not that it's in the right nabe but still: pretty great Dover sole for S. Texas. A lot of those Riverwalk restaurants are cheeseball but Biga's a winner. Try the fried oyster app or the game packets, if they're still on the menu. And be prepared for TX-sized portions. Even in fine dining you just get a ton of food down there.

unfortunately nothing in the river area will fit your bill, since Le Reve closed. If you do not mind a short cab ride, go to Silo. We had a very good if not spectacular meal there a couple weeks ago.

E. Nassar
Houston, TX

My Blog