• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Galileo III Opening!

Miami Danny

In tribute to Chef Donna's new/old venture, about to open any day now, I cooked the White Truffle Risotto from his classic cookbook, 'Cooking in Piedmont with Roberto Donna'. I recommend his cookbook highly, it is a seminal and straightforward working of traditional and modernized dishes from his home region. His risotto was the first I ever ate back in the early nineties at I Matti in Adams Morgan, cooked by the chef himself. Best of luck to the most famous alumnus of Romeo and Juliet!

Great news, I was a big fan of Galileo and I Matti back in the days (and when I lived in the DC area). For me, Roberto Donna's food was an education. Thanks for the heads up for those of us who only visit and aren't otherwise clued in to the DC restaurant scene. And I didn't know he had a cookbook, I'll be on the lookout for it.

• 1 month later...

After several visits I have to say that this is the most disappointing upscale (or any-scale) restaurant food I have had in a long time. The chef mocks his former glory by serving overpriced, mediocre food. How do you mess up spagheti cacio e pepe? I was at Otto in NYC last Monday and even though it wasn't on the menu there, they made it for me. The portion was at least twice as big and it tasted a thousand times better. It seems Mr. Donna has attempted one comeback too many.

ETA-Still love the cookbook, though

Edited by Miami Danny (log)