• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurant in Bochum

Tussius

Hi all.

I'm going to Bochum, Germany, for the weekend of 29th of October to 1st of November with a friend. While there we'd like some recommendations on where to eat in Bochum on Saturday the 30th and Sunday the 31st.

We eat pretty much anything, and regional cuisine is appreciated (though one regional and one non-regional might be nice). The only problem is that we won't be ready for dinner until about 21:30 on Saturday. If you're wondering about the prices I'd say a three course meal under 50 euros would be our price range.

We are also going to Heldmanns Restaurant on the Friday, which is about 44 kilometeres from Bochum, but we have the day open so a little extra travelling for extra good food is not a bad thing.

I'd really appreciate it if someone had recommendations for us.

- Searching for inspiration and knowledge -