• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

heidih

Chocolot hits jackpot at Las Vegas Chocolate Salon Awards

This just in from Darienne regarding eGullet member Chocolot (Ruth Kendrick):

http://ruthcooks.blogspot.com/2010/08/las-vegas-chocolate-salon-awards.html

LAS VEGAS CHOCOLATE SALON AWARDS

We are pretty excited. We won several including Top Artisan Chocolatier!!

Las Vegas Chocolate Salon Awards 2010

CHOCOLOT WON GOLD

BEST IN SALON

TOP TOFFEE

BEST TRADITIONAL CHOCOLATES

BEST MILK CHOCOLATE

TOP ARTISAN CHOCOLATIER

BEST COMFORT CHOCOLATE PRODUCT

CHOCOLOT WON SILVER

BEST FLAVORED CHOCOLATES

MOST GIFTED CHOCOLATIER

MOST ARTISTIC DESIGN

BEST GIFT SET

BEST PRESENTATION AND PACKAGING

CHOCOLOT WON BRONZE

MOST DELICIOUS INGREDIENT COMBINATIONS

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• By BVWells
      I just wanted to thank Kerry, Steve (lebowits), Rob (gfron1) and Chocolot for taking the time out to answer so many of my questions. I haven't been working with chocolate for long and was running into a number of problems and they were so helpful. After following their advice and lots of practice I finally feel like I am getting the hang of things. Here are today's results. Waiting to be filled, but so far so good. Thank you again and hopefully I'll get to meet you guys at the workshop next year. By the way, there will be TONS of additional questions to come. lol

Branden

• By eglies
      Hi everyone I am a new chocolatier. I would like to know if anyone sells their bonbons in malls or airports and if they do, do you keep them in a fridge for chocolates? I know that chocolate is very sensitive to temperature especially bonbons...or is the air-conditioning enough?
    • By eglies
      Hello I am a new chocolatier. I am calculating my costs to come up with a budget for my new business. I need help from you guys.
      if lets say a box of 12 bonbons costs me 4 dollars including raw material and packaging, how much should your sales price be? Also how much would you charge for wholesale, assuming margin is between 20-40%?
      How much is a reasonable labour cost per hour? 
    • By eglies
      Hello, I am a new chocolatier.  Any suggestions on new products or other sources of revenue one can create to increase business during warm weather? People dont really like to eat chocolate during very hot weather we have here. I need to think of ways that will not give me extra costs. Thanks for your feedback
    • By artiesel
      I have Volumes 1 ,2 and 4 of Jean-Pierre Wybauw's Great Chocolate books are for sale.

The books are in great shape!  There is some tape on the corner of the front of volume 1 that I used to keep it together after a drop.  Volume 1 is also autographed by the author (See pics below).

I'm asking $150 for the lot OBO.

Let me know if interested or if you have questions