• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocolate chunk sizes

CanadianBakin'

One of my suppliers sells dark chocolate Callebaut chunks in 250ct and 300ct. She said they are both popular and the price is about the same. I don't know which one to buy. I haven't needed them much before now so I've bought them in bulk at my local grocery store and I don't know what size they are. I've looked on line and can't find any dimensions.

They are for oatmeal chocolate chunk cookies. I prefer handcut Belcolade chocolate but my wrists aren't going to hold up for the amount I'll be making.

What size do you use? Do you know the dimensions?

Don't wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great. Orison Swett Marden

Thanks for your input. My supplier is an hour away and I don't order enough to have a regular rep or delivery so I have to make the trip out. I'll call and see if they can give me dimensions but from what you say, it sounds like I wouldn't want larger than 300ct for sure. I just realized I can weigh out 4 ounces of what I currently use and count it so I have a comparison.

Don't wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great. Orison Swett Marden