• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Anyone eaten or bought Grouse recently?

The Telegraph is reporting low numbers

The last one I ate was a couple of years ago at Sat Bains place, and jolly nice it was too.

Prawncrackers, have you spotted any in Birmingham wholesale market?

"So many places, so little time"

http://londoncalling...blogspot.co.uk/

@d_goodfellow1

Adam Byatt of Trinity Restaurant in Clapham (which we visited recently) cooked one last week on Saturday Kitchen

Interestingly enough Sat Bains was the other guest chef, seen here looking like he is built for battle.

@d_goodfellow1

It was on special at the Cadogan Arms this week. 28 GBP. We didn't have it though.

28 flipping quid?! Blimey.

David, I bought one last year from Moseley Farmers, i think it was about a fiver. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you this year.

I usually buy a couple a year from blackface.co.uk as my special treat - about a tenner a pop - and then there's the cost of a half decent Burgundy to factor in!

I had an email from Blackface this week saying as there were so many available at the moment that this week a box of 8 was *about* 60 quid.

It was on special at the Cadogan Arms this week. 28 GBP. We didn't have it though.

28 flipping quid?! Blimey.

David, I bought one last year from Moseley Farmers, i think it was about a fiver. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you this year.

I know, and totally not in line with the rest of their prices. I think the next most expensive thing on the menu is about 14 or 15 quid. I opted for a roast beef sandwich for 8.50 which was delicious.

For what it's worth, the dish sounded nice. Stuffed I think with stuffing made with it's liver, bread sauce....

I've just been inspired to order two from my local butcher - £8 each in Surrey which seems not too bad. I had it cooked for me at Wild Honey last week - excellent, though I don't think it goes too well with raw blackberries. It is my favourite meat, so many thanks to this thread for reminding me that I could cook it myself!

I think about £8 each is the norm. I'm pretty sure Adam Byatt (Trinity restaurant)mentioned that price point on Saturday Kitchen.

Can't find any local. Still, good to see others getting their share :smile:

I had it cooked for me at Wild Honey last week

I like Wild Honey, do you mind me asking how much it was ?

@d_goodfellow1