• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Enrober experience?

Chocolot

I got my new Perfect enrober yesterday and within 5 hours of it arriving, I was enrobing:-) It was cinnamon bears, but I was still enrobing!! I figured they were a cheap item to practice on. My question for you experience enrobers--As it comes off the belt to the paper, it is leaving a small chocolate tail. It doesn't seem to matter the speed or how much chocolate is blown off. What am I doing or not doing?

enrober 012.jpg

Ruth Kendrick

Chocolot
Artisan Chocolates and Toffees
www.chocolot.com

Yes, definitely, congratulations!

Marmalade has some info on your enrober: See Enrober Questions - Post #62.

John DePaula
formerly of DePaula Confections
Hand-crafted artisanal chocolates & gourmet confections - …Because Pleasure Matters…
--------------------
When asked “What are the secrets of good cooking? Escoffier replied, “There are three: butter, butter and butter.”

Thanks everyone. Today is much smoother:-)Tempering itself is challenging as is adjusting an enrober. Combine them and it is enough to keep this old lady awake at night!

Ruth Kendrick

Chocolot
Artisan Chocolates and Toffees
www.chocolot.com